History Of Havelies

The Sirohi family originally belongs to village Sehra in dist. Bulandshahr. There were three brothers who served in British Indian Army and retired as Risladars. Amongst three brothers only the younger Risaldar Shadi Ram Ji had a son.

On retirement, three brothers were given a village each as zamindari, which were Pali Partapur, Seria and Abhaypur. The family later settled in Pali Partapur around 1854, where presently the three Havelies exist.

All Havelies are situated in a complex comprising of three havelies and three guest houses with a common gate and high and thick walls. The whole property was made in such a way, so as to protect the residents from any outside conflict.

The architecture of the Havelies are also unique in itself. Stones from Rajasthan were brought and used for the construction. Paintings on the wall, especially at the entrance of the Havelies were carried by colors derived from Vegetable and flowers. The garters used for support, came from England, which are still there. The lime stone mixture, a.k.a 'Chunna' used for laying bricks and plastering of wall was also made in the vicinity of the Haveli. Even the bricks were made locally in the compound, each bearing name of the owner of the Haveli.

The haveli complex is situated on the far end of the village, next to fields in the backyard. The sourrounding farms in the area gives the place a fresh look and also makes one admire and appreciate nature.

Among farm land and other things, the family also owns a mango orchard, spread in a large area, which can be visited.

Entrance Gate of the Haveli Complex. All Havelies, along with Guest Houses are inside this compound.

First haveli was made some where in 1860s. The paintings done on the outer walls then, can still be seen. They were made using vegetable colours at that time. It was painted only once some 170 years ago, by painters from rajasthan.

The second Haveli, which was built in the late 19th century. The architecture of this Haveli is similar to the third one. All Havelies are currently owned and resided by the Sirohi family.

Last haveli was build in 1912. The bricks of the haveli were made in the vicinity of the haveli itself, each bearing the name of the haveli owner.

One of the Guest House, which was built around the end on 19th century.

This Guest house is the more recent one, which was built in 1924 A.D.

The Sirohi Family tree

Eldest Brother, Risaldar N.N.
Second Brother, Risaldar N.N.
Youngest Brother, Risaldar Shadi Ram Ji
Depty. Collector Kr. Narayan Singh
Kr. Harpal Singh
Rao Raghubir Singh
Kr. Mahendra Singh
Rai Bahadur
Ch. Amar Singh*
Order of British Empire (OBE)
Founder of Amar Singh College Lakhaoti (1905 A.D.)
at Lakhaoti
Kr. Chandan Singh
Kr. Onkar Singh
Kr. Brij Raj Singh
Kr. Jag Raj Singh
Brig. Gaj Raj Singh Sirohi
Maj. Raghu Raj Singh Sirohi
Lt. Col. Chandra Raj Singh Sirohi
Col. Pavan Raj Singh Sirohi
Col. Vipin Raj Singh Sirohi
Late Raman Sirohi
Vishno Sirohi
Chahat Sirohi
Mahak Sirohi
Aditya Raj Singh Sirohi

* Youngest brother Rai Bahadur Ch. Amar Singh received order of the British Empire for his work in education. He also founded and built Amar Singh college at Lakhaoti on the State highway on Siyana Garh road which is 5 km from the haveli. He also visited England as an invitee to the coronation ceremony of his majesty King George V, in 1911.

Rao Raghubir Singh was also invitee to the coronation ceremony but it was decided that only one brother can go, as there was no male member to look after zamindari. He bought 16 villages in his life and lost both his sons, one of 22 years age, leaving his wife behind and another at 28 years of age, leaving two minor sons Kr. Brij Raj Singh and Kr. Jag Raj Singh, as his wife died in delivery of their third child, and a widow daughter-in-law besides his wife and himself.

Smt. Rekha Sirohi
She envisioned the 'Haveli Stay' concept.
She is married to Lt. Col. C.S. Sirohi and is mother of Vishno Sirohi.